Benefits of Templar Membership
The Sovereign Magistral Order of the Temple of Solomon is the direct continuation and official restoration of the 12th century historical institution of the original Knights Templar, with full legitimacy in customary international law. The restored Templar Order continues to live by the Code of Chivalry of 1066 AD, and the Temple Rule of 1129 AD as its founding Charter, as a way of life in the modern era.
The restored Templar Order continues its authentic missions as Defenders of All Faith, Guardians of Justice, Champions of the Oppressed, and Keepers of the Sacred Knowledge as the shared heritage of humanity, to once again lead the world into a new Renaissance period. As a result, the concept of Membership in the Templar Order remains mission-focused and results-oriented, wholly dedicated to supporting its historical missions for humanity, and for the advancement of human civilization.
Templar Membership Concepts
The Essence of Membership – The Oxford English Dictionary defines a “Member” as “belonging to… a group, society, or team”, especially one “admitted to certain honours”, as a “constituent part” contributing to the greater whole. The essence, purpose and motivation of Membership in an Order of Chivalry is thus to contribute to, and share in the honour of, its collective accomplishments. This is made possible only by meaningful contributions to its active missions, primarily through Donations needed to cover the costs of its real-world projects. This is the time-tested most effective way for members to create and ensure the satisfaction which comes from Membership in a venerable institution upholding civilization.
Accessible Modest Donations – The modern Templar Order has removed all artificial economic barriers to membership, and has adapted authentic traditions to modern realities: The customary substantial “Passage Fee” has been abolished. The historical practice of “Tithing” is replaced by the new tradition of “Portioning”, as ongoing contributions of a modest monthly non-profit Donation. This makes membership most accessible, and enhances the collective power of a larger membership base to provide for general operations of the humanitarian missions.
Chivalric Service by Donations – The Temple Rule emphasizes that Membership in the Templar Order is for “those… desiring with a pure heart to serve in chivalry” (Rule 1), who “desire to serve” (Rule 8), as “servants… for the salvation of your souls… for the purpose of divine service” (Rule 9). It defines Membership as for “anyone who wishes to serve” (Rule 12), and describes Templars as “those who serve the sovereign creator” (Rule 22) “to carry out Holy service” (Rule 39).
As the most essential form of service, the Temple Rule commands all Templars to make active Donations to the Order, by “all offerings and all forms of alms”, as much as possible (Rule 64).
In the modern era, the need for physical service is rare and minimal, while much needed work tends to be highly specialized, requiring substantial budgets to cover costs. Therefore, the primary means of modern “service”, authentically, is for all Templars to make active recurring Donations to the missions of the Order.
Historic Missions Not a Product – The Temple Rule commands all Templars to “forego the deceiving world and despise it”, replacing worldly desires with “divine service” in Chivalry (Rule 9), because they “should not expect worldly gain so much as the eternal salvation of their souls” (Rule 12). This means that one must reject the modern mentality of materialistic commercialism, and understand that the deep moral and spiritual rewards of achieving historic missions are not a commercial product to be simply delivered.
The value of Membership in an authentic Order of Chivalry is defined by the humanitarian value of its historic missions upholding civilization. The true benefits of Membership are the resulting satisfaction, fulfillment and honour which come from actively supporting its missions. To appreciate and enjoy those benefits, those missions must be accomplished together, driven by the collective power of member Donations.
The Power of Templar Knowledge – The Temple Rule defines the core of Templarism as the lifetime personal Quest for “studious purification” (Rule 1), as “lovers of Truth” in scholarship “by refined and studious hearts” (Rule 6). It commands all Templars “during periods of time, [to] study universally” (Rule 9), and mandates that the Templar knowledge and wisdom must be “guarded purely and durably” (Rule 2), “must not be forgotten, and… must be guarded firmly” (Rule 8).
Since ancient times it is said that “knowledge is power”. The power of knowledge is especially true in real-world Chivalry, which is deeply rooted in traditions of sacred knowledge upholding the pillars of civilization. All humanitarian missions of the Templar Order, and all benefits of its membership experience, are ultimately driven and powered by this Templar knowledge.
The Templar Order continuously conducts research and ongoing restoration of key areas of “lost history” as the collective heritage of humanity. This empowers the Order to regularly share high-quality informational materials of real and practical benefit to all Templar members. This is provided as the Templar Skills Training program, continuously updated and ever expanding, which is driven by the monthly Membership Donations.
Benefits to Humanity from Templar Membership
The most important benefits of Membership in the Templar Order are those resulting from its ongoing active humanitarian missions, directly funded by the modest monthly Donations, which can best be summarized as the following major benefits to humanity:
- Renewing the role of Chivalry as a way of life in the modern era
- Restoring Pillars of Civilization from “lost” history of Golden Ages
- Returning the collective heritage of humanity to the general public
- Applying proven solutions from the past to problems of the present
- Making shared heritage of sacred knowledge accessible to the world
- Upholding human rights through active projects of real-world impact
- Preserving time-tested keys to empowerment for future generations
- Inspiring unity and collective power of peoples by traditional values
- Recovering individual empowerment to uphold values of humanity
- Promoting world-class sovereign institutions by and for the people
Spiritual Benefits of Templar Membership
The Temple Rule describes the Templar Order itself as a “Holy Communion” for direct personal connection to God (Rule 2). It declares that “God is with you”, that Templars are nourished “by the meat from God” (Rule 9), and that Templars “reconcile with God” through sacred service (Rule 55). The Templar way of life is thus defined as being “for the salvation of your souls” through “divine service” (Rule 9) “with a pure heart” (Rule 66), repeating that this is the path “for the salvation of their souls” (Rule 67).
The most important spiritual benefits of Membership in the Templar Order come from cultural immersion in traditional and authentic Templar spirituality from the most ancient sacred wisdom. This is primarily provided through the Templar Skills Training materials, which teach the full Templar heritage of the Ancient Priesthood which the original Knights Templar recovered from the Temple of Solomon. The resulting spiritual benefits can best be summarized as personal enlightenment for mastery of the following keys to divine spirituality:
- Balance with the Divine Feminine face of God as key to the Holy Grail
- Spiritual alchemy of both individuals and society as pillars of civilization
- Ancient knowledge fully compatible with canonical classical Christianity
- Esoteric secrets preserved in the Templar Arthurian Holy Grail legends
- Gnostic mysticism practiced and taught by medieval Templar Chaplains
- Secrets of the Biblical Magi as the universal foundations of all spirituality
- Developing spiritual strength to fully empower effective Sacred Activism
- Timeless methods of spiritual self-defense in the battle of good over evil
- Sacred wisdom enhancing the spiritual dimension of religious experience
- Sacred sciences of spiritual energies and the mechanics of consciousness
Personal Benefits of Templar Membership
The more direct personal benefits of Membership in the Templar Order are the result of its ongoing restoration of the full knowledge base of Templar heritage. This is provided to all Members through the Templar Skills Training program, and also manifests as real-world capabilities of the Order as an official institution. These personal benefits can best be summarized as the following advantages for individual Templars:
- Over 1,100 pages of Templar Skills Training knowledge materials
- Periodic updates on exciting discoveries from ongoing restoration
- Official status of legitimacy of authentic Chivalry with meritocracy
- Success from effective modern practices of Chivalry as a way of life
- Discover the individual empowerment of ancient sacred knowledge
- Experience deeper meaning in all areas of life through living history
- Private career advancement resources from world-class institutions
- Support from an international community of like-minded individuals
- Mastery of the international protocols and customs of Courtly Society
- Access to earning Knighthood or Damehood as titled Nobility peerage
Benefits of the Templar Network Platform
The modest monthly Membership Donations are made in the convenient form of a recurring “Subscription”, simply to maintain an active connection for interactive participation in the Order, through the online Templar Network (Ning) platform. This is the official international communications center for active participation in the Order, to ensure a direct connection to Templar events, activities and opportunities. This user-friendly interactive platform provides the following practical benefits:
- Earn Chivalry & Nobility status by interactive participation of merit
- Profiles are Registrations to help match members with opportunities
- Membership Directory to explore and discover like-minded members
- Templar Community networking by contacts with private messaging
- Activity streams for notices of posts, list messages and user comments
- Full social media for public online presence and private connections
- Discussion Forums with Templar moderators and permission filters
- User-created Groups for sharing with topic or project interest groups
- Multimedia content sharing with user-based interest and access filters
- Email notifications by topic-based opt-in lists for convenient updates
- Templar Event Calendar for participation in events and gatherings